Monday, September 18, 2006

my poem featured in chaos of angels

what would happen

what would happen
if I could remember your
memories
instead of my own

what would happen if our touch
was more than umbilical
our lives parallel
vertical interchanged with versatility
relaxed with reality
a merger of souls sparked
with natural blossoms and fireworks
every touch fourth of July
every kiss atomic
every sensual moment nuclear

what would happen if
we were not exposed
to shamelessness
and preserved ourselves
for deity

what would happen
if our poses were
discreet smiles
that said mouthfuls
and our eyes always met

what would happen if we
were only friends but
wanted to feel just as
close as lovers

what would happen
if we were kindred
spirits that speared universes
gathered no moss
and rolled to victory

(C) 2006 lgjaffe

http://www.wordwalkerpress.com

1 comment:

Larry Jaffe said...

This comment is from a very dear friend in England, Patricia Stephenson. She has given me permission to post it on my blog.

My dearest friend,

Thank you for sending the email to help me understand better where you are coming from and trying to go.

I feel utterly sad for those people who for one reason or another have never felt confident of real love. There are so many people who are just full of it. You have that quality.

Like me, your roots are deep in warmth and love of family, of which friends are part.

My mother once told me, that we all make mistakes, the hardest thing is to forgive ourselves, but no matter whatever I did, whatever mistakes I made, she would always love me.
I hope my son's know that truth too.

We know that people lie, sometimes, because they feel guilty, sometimes because they think that someones feelings will be spared and they do not wish to cause pain. Sometimes all this breeds is a lack of trust, confusion and disappointment.

Truth, is a beautiful thing, we all I think seek that, whatever road we take, and where ever it leads, but it take courage to seek truth, it is often a painful journey. Reading what you wrote, I think you have been there.

Like the child I was, I still strive to understand, I listen and hear the same things, that come from the mouths of every person whatever faith or belief they have. We all have so much in common, the violence in the world saddens me.

As a child my grandmother taught me St John chapter 14, "in my father's house are many mansions." I thought that the mansions were churches, which meant no matter which one we went to, we could all find "God" in our own ways.

What joy there is in sharing, such a precious and life giving way.

Yes, like you, I think the spirit enters the body, then lives the experience of life.

I am so glad for you my friend, and happy to call you so.

With love and friendship
Pat